Enrollment & Fees
- How do I enroll?
Your teacher will communicate enrollment instructions once you've decided on a course of instruction for the semester.
- I have more than one child. Do I pay a registration fee for each child?
Your annual $50 registration fee is charged in the fall and covers your entire family!
- What other fees should I anticipate?
Fees for music books, educational tools, accompanists, recitals and master classes will be additional. Please see your teacher for details.
- As a returning student, do I have to pay a registration fee each semester?
The annual $50 registration fee applies to all returning students. It is charged each fall and covers your entire family for that year.
- Am I required to register for a full semester of lessons, or may I try a few lessons and see if I like it?
We feel strongly that students should make a minimum commitment of one semester, in order to experience progress. However, we do make exceptions for children under the age of 6, and for unusual circumstances. Contact the for details.
- How do I know if I need a 30-, 45- or 60-minute lesson?
Your new teacher will make a recommendation based on your age and experience level.
- Do you offer weekend lessons?
All of our teachers manage their own schedules. Some do teach in the evenings and on weekends.
- My daughter is in the After School Care Program at St. Luke's. Will her teacher pick her up for her lesson and take her back when the lesson is over?
Students who need “transportation” to and from the After School Care (ASC) program will register for a 45-minute lesson. The Bridges teacher will leave his/her teaching room and travel across the parking lot to the ASC program, show his/her ID, receive a checkout slip, locate the child in the classroom or playground, and take the child to the Children’s Sunday School wing in the main building where our lessons are taught. The student and teacher will have approximately 30 minutes of instruction, and then return to the ASC program.
- How do I choose a teacher?
On occasion, a student will request a teacher who has come highly recommended. We do our best to accommodate all special requests when schedules allow. Otherwise, the registrar will match students and teachers based on schedules, the level of the student’s experience and goals, as well as personality traits of both parties.
- What if I don't feel that my teacher is a good fit for me / my child?
If there is ever a question that the lesson time is a positive experience for your student, please call the registrar immediately. We will do our best to find a better fit for you or your child.
- Do all of your teachers work with young children as well as adults?
Some teachers only work with adults, and some only work with children. And some teachers enjoy the variety of working with all age groups. We take this into consideration when pairing you or your child with a teacher.
- Is my child too young for private lessons? If so, are there classes available?
Most children are ready for one-on-one instruction for up to 30 minutes by the age of 6 or first grade. Exceptions are made on a case-by-case basis. Class/group instruction is available for children 5 and under. Contact us for details.
- Where are lessons held?
All lessons are taught on the campus of St. Luke’s United Methodist Church, located at 3471 Westheimer Rd., Houston, TX 77027 (second floor "EC" classrooms). Any exceptions must be approved by the registrar, and a signed waiver must be kept on file.
- Are your pianos in good condition and well-maintained?
Yes! We have nine pianos used for teaching and accompanying, and all are well maintained by our piano technician, Molly Mayfield.
- May I observe my child's lesson as often as I like?
Parents are encouraged to attend lessons off and on throughout the semester. Additionally, a seating area is provided for parents to sit close by, but not actually be inside the room. This encourages students to develop an independent relationship with their teacher, which is instrumental to their growth as a musician. Every teaching room is equipped with a window for observing the interaction between student and teacher. Your child’s best interest is our priority. If you have concerns about the safety of your child, please call Director Monica Griffin at 713-402-5110 immediately.
Refunds & Credits
- If I am unable to take all of the lessons for which I am registered, will Bridges Academy refund my money?
After attempts have been made to make up any missed lessons, tuition becomes non-refundable except for extreme cases of medical emergency, financial emergency or relocation away from Houston.
- How long will Bridges Academy allow me to use my credit?
Your credit with Bridges Academy must be used within one calendar year of the date the services were purchased.